Friday, August 12, 2011

LONELY ROADS(The Highway Song)

Words & music by Frank Tierno KEY OF D

Well I’m heading down a highway
A song lost in my soul
And I heard that you’re on your way
To be a Star you know
It’s a lonely road
That we choose
Though I still remember you
I’m as free
As the stars all around

And a summer wind reminds me
Of love lost long ago
And the hardest time’s behind me
It’s a feeling I’ve come to know
A lonely road
That we choose
Though I still remember you
I’m as free
As the stars all around

BRIDGE/SAX LEAD

And I’ll be searching…
Searching….
Searching for a place to call my home
And I’ll be leaving…
Leaving…
Leaving all the friends I’ve come to know

Well I’ll be traveling down a highway
Guess I’m just passin’ through
Though another town’s behind me
I still will think of you
Lonely roads
I’ll call my home
And I’ll make it on my own
I’m as free
As the stars all around.



c.1983,2011 Frank Tierno
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


No comments:

Post a Comment